Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Roads less traveled

My excuse this time for not writing a blog for so long is that, for the past two weeks, I have not been traveling or doing much except school - but, after this weekend, I have a lot to catch up on!

~*~

One update of the last two weeks is that we went to a soccer game! Two of the major rival teams in Costa Rica are Saprissa and the Liga. We saw Saprissa play against a team from Utah, actually, and we were apparently the only people not cheering for Saprissa. It was insanity! The crowds have so much energy - and I thought people were intense about football in Alabama!

It was a lot of fun though, definitely an experience.

~*~

This past weekend, Margie, Andres and I went to the national park called Corcovado in the southwest corner of Costa Rica - almost in Panama. It was a ten hour bus ride, which was a lot, but the park was beautiful! The trail was in the forest, but almost the entire way it was parallel to the beach - so incredible! The nature was gorgeous and it was an adventure. The day after we explored the park, we rented bikes and went out to the beach - it was amazingly beautiful and almost no one was there but us! The tides were really strong but it was still a relaxing day.

Definitely a perfect last weekend trip in Costa Rica.

~*~

And tomorrow morning, we are off to Guatemala until the 29th!!

I will have all of the photos from these past two weeks once we're back from Guatemala! There was a memory card incident and I don't have most of the photos right now, but I wanted to write anyways. I'll update the blog with photos and more details as soon as I can!





~*~

-Courtney
(World Traveler in Training)


No comments:

Post a Comment