Sunday, March 13, 2011

Go camping.






Yet again, I have failed to blog as frequently as I intended... but, here I am! And I still can't believe how fast the time is going. Although school has been hard this semester, and being away is harder than before, I am so grateful every day for the beauty here and especially for the people with whom I am able to spend this chapter in my life! What an incredible blessing!

This past week Meagan, Sho and I went to the Poas Volcano. I had been once last semester, but during the rainy season you can't really see anything... it's like being in a cloud! haha. So, I'm really glad we went again. It was so much easier to see everything, and plus, it was just a great time with friends.









~ This is at the sulfur lake next to the main crater (me and Sho :)














~*~

















~*~























~*~










These plants are called "Sombrillas Pobres" ... (poor man's umbrella.)












~*~
















~*~





This weekend, we were planning to go to El Rincon de la Vieja, a national park with volcanoes to climb and rivers to kayak, and we were planning to bring tents and camp there for two days - an awesome adventure in the making. However, through a series of unfortunate events involving latino boys, we didn't end up going. Our friends here are all in majors at the University that are very time-demanding, and they ended up having to cancel the day before because of work. *sigh. But! I decided that after they finished their project on Saturday, we should all make s'mores and "camp" here at home. And so we did. Epic success, and further proof of the awesomeness of s'mores, because after having them for the first time last night, I feel like our friends from Guatemala and Costa Rica will continue the tradition with their own friends and family if it is whatsoever possible. Transforming lives, one s'more at a time.


~*~


That's all for now!




love,
Courtney
(World Traveler in Training)

No comments:

Post a Comment