Saturday, December 18, 2010

Airports and goodbyes ...

Well, it looks like this will be my last blog for my fall semester in Costa Rica! It has been an incredible few months, filled with adventures, challenges, surprises and blessings. There just aren't sufficient words to describe how I feel about the people and the place. Lord willing I will be back very soon!!

~*~

I'm sitting here in the Ft. Lauderdale International airport, which, might I add, is in the United States!!! So I'm officially back in the country, although all airports do kind of begin to look the same. So it hasn't hit me yet. Today has been a pretty long day, and this week was a pretty long one as well, just with saying goodbye to everyone and trying to enjoy my last week in Costa Rica - I can't believe it's over. I knew today would come and I knew that this semester would go by fast, but I'm still in shock that I'm not in Costa Rica anymore. It's the strangest feeling! I am excited to be home for Christmas though. :) Both of my flights today have been delayed, so I'm just hanging out in the airport with my friend Anne, a fellow impatient student. It's nice to have an airport buddy.

I'm not really sure what else to say - just that I am SO incredibly grateful for this semester, that God was so faithful and worked in amazing ways, and that Costa Rica, and the people I met there, will forever be in my heart.

~*~

For my last post of photos, I'm going to do a bit of a re-cap of my time here...I've posted some of these pictures before, but therefore the word re-cap. I've enjoyed taking pictures this semester and I hope you've enjoyed them!

~*~

















~*~
























~*~















~*~

















~*~

























~*~



















~*~



















~*~


















~*~





















~*~

















~*~



















~*~























~*~




















~*~


















~*~

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to everyone!!

Hopefully this won't be the last post in my Costa Rica blog! More than anything I want to come back. But for now, I'm home.




Signing out,

-Courtney
(World Traveler in Training)

1 comment: