Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Giving thanks


Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, Accion de Gracias, and it is the first time that I have ever spent Thanksgiving away from home. But it's also the first time that I get to share Thanksgiving with people from other countries!

I've been a bit melancholy this week as we're nearing the end of our time here and as this is usually my favorite week of the year - break from school, Thanksgiving with family, Black Friday ;), the Iron Bowl, and decorating the house for Christmas! So many memories and traditions... boy will I miss it. But it makes me really look forward to being home for Christmas. :)

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts." (Colossians 3:15,16)

~*~

Tunnel made out of bottle caps at Antigua Aduana


=)

My photography bud, Breanna!

~*~

It is SUCH a beautiful day today!! The sun is out, the sky is clear, and the air is crisp and cool. I absolutely love it!

I hope everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving with loved ones and grateful hearts! We have so very much to be thankful for!!

I could list off so many things that I'm so grateful for - but there's no way I could name them all! Each day, each interaction, and each hope is an opportunity to give thanks to God. His compassions never fail, they are new every morning. His plans are good and perfect. His love never ends. We have been given the ultimate gift, and everything good in this life from God is just an addition to the amazing things He has already done for us.

To the people in my life who have been there for me, loved me, and challenged me at whatever point in my life - I can't ever express how much I love you and appreciate you!

Por todo lo que tengo, gracias a Dios!!

~*~












Also ...



I'm an Alabama fan, what can I say? ;)

Just trying to represent. In case you didn't get what I was trying to say....

:D

~*~

Okay, final thought:

"Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire." (Hebrews 12:28,29)

~*~

-Courtney
(World Traveler in Training)

No comments:

Post a Comment