Saturday, November 13, 2010

Dios nunca te deja


What a great weekend - Friday night Meagan and I went out with our house sister Diana, who is just great company:) And it was so fun! Great stories. haha. Then Saturday morning Meagan and I ran errands with Kathleen and Diana, including lunch at good old Taco Bell (can't get away from good old fast food)

~*~

Sunday, Andres, Meagan, and I all went to church together. It was wonderful. :) The pastor talked about Mary and Martha, and how we worry ourselves so much about running around and doing this and that, that we don't take advantage of the many opportunities that God gives us. He made me think about a lot of things - about opportunities, and about what I spend my time worrying about.

Afterwards, we walked around San Jose, went to this amazing recyclable art gallery with a tunnel made out of bottle caps - yes, and we got lunch together and just spent time in each other's company. What a beautiful day!!

~*~

Working and studying together. Oh the life of a student.

hehe.

My precious brother and sister!

Andres & Jose Mario
~*~

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38)

~*~

Oh - and of course, we played basketball this weekend too... ;)


~*~

How awesome is our God?? I am constantly in awe of the Creation around me, of the privilege of being here, and of the conversations I am able to participate in - what an amazing amount of opportunities we have here to learn and grow! God is so faithful. Investing in the people here has honestly been a mixture of joy and grief, as I see people here who I love, who don't know where to find hope, or are just looking to things that won't satisfy. But I know with all my heart that God has a plan for these wonderful people in my life, and that He has a purpose in my being here that I may or may not ever see.

~*~
~*~

Being here is hard and wonderful and exciting - I'm learning a lot and I love it, but it's very bittersweet.

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand." (Ephesians 6:12,13)



Much love,
Courtney
(World Traveler in Training)



1 comment:

  1. Courtney, I am so glad you're keeping up with the blog. :) It's great to read about what you're doing, and also very encouraging and uplifting! Just reading about how much you love Costa Rica and the people down there is heartwarming, and really shows your longing to serve God and His people. He's going to do great things with your experience down there, and I'm super happy for you! Keep it up friend. :)

    Love,
    Laney

    ReplyDelete