Tuesday, November 30, 2010

While others count down the days...



Hello:)


I've been asking myself this week what it looks like for me to live life to the fullest, to take advantage of the opportunities and the gifts that I have been given, but also, to be a good steward of what I have and to make wise decisions. It's a hard question to wrestle with, especially when I'm facing the decision of coming back here next semester or staying home in Alabama. I'm trying to separate in my head what I want, what is logical, what is best, and what will most glorify God. I pray that He would either close the door to coming back, or that I would see the door wide open and not be afraid to step through it.

~*~

This morning I was reminded of how precious fellowship with friends can be. I went to get coffee with my friend here, Katey, and we talked for at least two hours in this beautiful little chocolate and coffee shop called Giacomin - about everything... from day to day life here, to what we've been dealing with, and what it means to be a Christian here. What an awesome, meaningful time! And God is definitely at work here. It makes me want to stay here even more, just because my heart is so invested here and I can feel Him moving. I guess we'll see what happens! I have to trust that if it doesn't work out, it's also for the best, even if I can't see that right now.

~*~

"As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

You will go out in joy
and be led forth in peace
;
the mountains and hills
will burst into song before you,

and all the trees of the field
will clap their hands." (Isaiah 55:9-12)

~*~

Sometimes the mountains here just seem unreal to me.















...Shots at Veritas....










~*~
























^^With Sydney, one of my photography friends!



























~*~

"Why do you complain, Jacob?
Why do you say, Israel,
“My way is hidden from the LORD;
my cause is disregarded by my God”?
Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak." (Isaiah 40:27-29)

~*~

The bottom line is... do I trust that God is who He says He is, and that no matter what happens next semester, He will use it for the greatest eternal good? Also, I have to realize that He loves the people in my life even more than I do - I don't have to be here or there to fix anyone or make sure things are working right. Humbling as it is, life will go on with or without me. I would just be privileged to be able to come back to Costa Rica next semester and enter into what is happening here. But I would also be excited to be back on campus at UA. There would be different challenges, and different joys. I guess we'll see what happens!

~*~

With my heart,
-Courtney
(World Traveler in Training)

No comments:

Post a Comment