Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Aquí estoy...



Again, it has been a while since I've written! Last week, Mom and Ally were here, and I just couldn't find the time to blog! But here I am:)

Mom, Ally and I went to the national park, Manuel Antonio! Getting there was an adventure - I was the interpreter, which was a bit stressful at first, but it ended up being
encouraging, because I realized that I could survive here! ;) We took a bus from San Jose to Manuel Antonio - it's about four hours, so it's a long way, but it's awesome because we got to actually see Costa Rica!! (which is definitely not possible if you just stay in San Jose.) The park was absolutely gorgeous -


~*~*~*~

It was such a great, relaxing time Thursday and Friday, and I must say it was quite liberating skipping class on Friday! haha. I loved having Mom and Ally here, and I'm so glad they got to come meet my Costa Rican family and see Costa Rica. But, it was surreal - it doesn't feel like they were actually here, and saying goodbye a second time was harder than I thought it would be. I miss them. But, the time is going by so fast - I knew it would, and in some ways I'm glad it is, but still, in other ways, I'd give a lot to stay here another semester. I was just thinking yesterday morning how amazing it would be if I could come back here, maybe next summer, and get an internship at Veritas (where I'm going to school) and maybe take classes too...it would be incredible. I'm definitely going to pray about it!

Anyways...

What a week! I went to Los Juncos Cloud Forest with my Spanish class, to Manuel Antonio with Mom and Ally, and then for the rest of the weekend my program took our last excursion to the Arenal Volcano and the hot springs! It was absolutely amazing. First, we went to the waterfall at La Fortuna, and guess how many steps you go down to get to the waterfall, and then climb back up afterwards? Guess. It was five. Hundred. Quinientas. I counted, but not out loud, because breathing was a bit difficult at about step number 254. Ridiculousness. It was so worth it though! The waterfall was so beautiful. All of the nature here is a constant reminder of
how incredible the Designer is...























Romans 1:20 ~ "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse."

~*~*~*~

Psalm 27:13 ~ "I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

Love,
Courtney
(World Traveler in Training)

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 27:13 is one of my FAVORITE verses. What a beautifu reminder of God's sovereignity and blessings upon our world. Please soak it up as much as you can and enjoy learning about a new aspect of our Lord's character and nature in a different part of His world!
    I love you and miss you a ton!!

    ReplyDelete