Thursday, October 7, 2010

Cartwheels and such...

Today I did a cartwheel during the middle of my Spanish class. Yes, I did a cartwheel. And I did it in the middle of our tiny (9-person) class room this morning. Why, you may ask? Was I just SO excited to be in Spanish that I couldn't contain myself?? ... Not exactly. Don't get me wrong, I love Spanish, but the real story is that today we all had to do presentations in class. Each presentation had to be 15 minutes long, and I did mine about gymnastics! So I talked about being a gymnast, and being a gymnastics coach, and then at the end of my presentation, the other students in the class were like, "Show us!" So, there you go. A very unplanned cartwheel. It was great though!

Here are a few more pictures - a couple of them are from my photography class. We're playing with light graffiti :D It's when you set your camera for a long exposure time, and usually you do it outside at night, or in a dark room, and you use a flashlight or a cell phone to "paint" with light. It's so much fun!

~*~*~*~






































Puerto Viejo




















View from Veritas









































All the flowers here are so beautiful!




















~*~*~*~*~*~


Okay! That should do it for now.


ttfn =)


-Courtney
(World Traveler in Training)

6 comments:

  1. First of all, your pictures are beautiful! Secondly, I'm sad I missed your cartwheel in class! (And your gymnastics speech! Awesome!) Lastly, I miss YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such great pictures!! Glad you are enjoying yourself. love and miss u lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosa!!!! I miss you too!! Thank you:) How is work? And life for that matter? I hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh! the pictures are super cool. and i love the thought of you doing a cartwheel in class. :) dunno why, but it reminds me of our little gymnastics sessions in BY. :) anyways, i miss you a ton. hope you're having an awesome time down there, and from what i've read you are! i'd love to hear more from you, and i'm sure you're super busy, but send me a message sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Laney! haha yes..it was a pretty memorable event. I miss you too, but I am really glad that we are getting to keep up with each other through our blogs! I will definitely email you when I get the chance. Love you!

    ReplyDelete