Saturday, October 23, 2010

A free weekend???

It's crazy, I know, but I have a free weekend!! I can do whatever I want, and it's crazy! I have definitely loved going on the trips with my CEA group - they have all been amazing. But, it's really nice to have a morning to just relax here with Meagan. I got to memorize some scripture in Spanish this morning - it's so beautiful. It's 1st Peter 5:7... "Pongan todas sus preocupaciones y ansiedades en las manos de Dios, porque él cuida de ustedes." (Cast all of your anxieties upon the Lord, because He cares for you.)

And now, Meagan and I are watching an extremely entertaining music video TV channel. And
it's not like Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus insanity. It's like - oldies, classics, some latin pop, and completely, totally random songs...SO hilarious. We know how to have a good time. Trying out the weird dance moves is my personal favorite part of watching these videos with Meagan. And, Basketball and card games is on the menu for today as well. Yep, I'm excited. Plus, tonight is Diana's (our house sister) birthday party!!! Feliz cumpleaños, Di Di!




Hermanas:)

~*~*~

This week we had such a great time with Andres' friend Joshua being here! We went dancing together and it was so much fun! The band was great, and well, you know how I love to dance.
















Les amo!!



















We couldn't get him to smile...he only does this face for pictures. Oh Joshua. Ya te extraño:)

~*~

Well, I'm finished with my first intensive Spanish class! Projects, presentations, exams, all done. :D I'm taking another intensive Spanish class starting next week, and then all I'll have is my electives during the afternoons. I can't believe we're a third of the way through the program....I don't want to leave. It makes me not want to invest any more because I'll have to leave so soon! But I refuse to stop investing. My heart is already attached to this place and these people, and closing myself off would be worse than feeling like my heart isn't at risk.

Life is a crazy thing.

~*~*~

Love,
Courtney
(World Traveler in Training)





No comments:

Post a Comment