Monday, October 4, 2010

First Photos!

So, this weekend we went to Puerto Viejo - it's on the Caribbean. Yes. It was SO gorgeous! The beach was beautiful, we went snorkeling on Saturday, and we went out dancing Friday and Saturday night. Also on Saturday we got to go on a hike through this island off the coast - we saw sloths, monkeys, iguanas, and even a bright yellow, extremely poisonous snake called the Eyelash Viper! It was so interesting! And this weekend was such a fun time! It's really interesting to be with such a different group of people, but I think I've found a couple kindred spirits. =) And as always, kindred spirits or not, I have community with my God who will never leave me.

I have a silly band (yes, a silly band, because I didn't have any stickers), around my little alarm clock so that whenever I wake up, when I see it, I quote Lamentations 3:22-26 to myself. What a blessing it has been! "Yet this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope; because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail, they are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness! I will say to myself, 'The Lord is your portion, therefore I will wait for Him.' The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord."

And now, for a Courtney moment: Last night, when Meagan and I were walking from where the bus dropped us off up to our house, where we walk every day, I slipped on the sidewalk and, as Meagan put it, "fell very gracefully" onto the ground. Unfortunately, my knee is pretty scraped up and I slightly sprained my left foot. But, that's life. And the clincher of the story is that last night was the first and only time that I have worn shorts in San Jose. Of course! ;) But yes. If any of you ever come to Costa Rica during the rainy season, 1) Don't wear shorts, and 2) Be careful. It's really slippery on the sidewalks!

Okay, here are some of the pictures I've taken so far! I'm not able to have my camera with me nearly as much as I would like, but I've still been able to take a few photos. ....

~*~*~*~














- Adorable





















- The Caribbean!





















- Flowers!





















- "Hamacas" outside our hotel in Puerto Viejo


~*~*~*~

That's all for now! I'll upload more pictures when I get the chance!

Love,
Courtney
(World Traveler in Training)


2 comments:

  1. Its sooo good to see that your having an awesome time courtney!! Praying for you back here in the US and of course wishing i was with you!haha so jealous! bt is there anything specific i can be praying for you about??if its too personal you can fb message me:] hope you have another awesome week in costa!!-Lydia Diggs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney,

    Thanks so much for your postings! Since I only talk with Meagan once a week, I love keeping up with you through your blog. Love the pictures!

    Renea
    Meagan's Mom

    ReplyDelete