Sunday, October 31, 2010

Puerto Carrillo


This weekend was absolutely amazing... Meagan and I went to Puerto Carrillo, a really small "town" on the beach on the Pacific coast. Our Tico parents have a house there, and they let us come visit!


On the way to the beach house, Meagan and I took the bus, which as always, was an adventure. Through buying our tickets and getting to the bus terminal, we made friends with two awesome taxi drivers. That was great:) But somehow, Meagan and I didn't get to sit together - our seat numbers were 16 and 17, but the rows went 15/16 then 17/18. Very unfortunate. However, Meagan made friends with the girl who she ended up next to! Her name is Paulina, and she's 13, from Germany! (so cool) And she spoke perfect English, Spanish, and German (obviously). So awesome. Almost six hours on a bus can be made infinitely better with new international friends.

Once Meagan and I got to Puerto Carrillo, we got off the bus, and then realized that we had completely forgotten the directions that Kathleen (our mom) had given us to walk to the house. Perfect. But, we asked around and eventually found the house. It is SO beautiful - they rent it out to people while they aren't staying there, and it was just gorgeous...it had a pool in the back, and lots and lots of windows. I got to make my black bean salsa for everybody! It was really fun. Meagan and I spent hours and hours on the beach while we were there, and it was the most relaxing place we've been so far. It was nice to get away and to see a different part of Costa Rica.

Saturday night, we went to Samara, which is the closest town to Puerto Carrillo. Meagan and I walked on the beach and looked around for souvenirs while Don Victor and Dona Kathleen went to Mass. There are dogs everywhere in Costa Rica, but we saw a Dalmatian while we were there, named Spot of course. A new friend. :) And then, while we were waiting for Victor and Kathleen to get out of church, we enjoyed people watching. There were these two guys with their motorcycles waiting outside the church, and Meagan and I were betting on which girls they were waiting for once everyone started walking out after the service. Turns out - they were waiting for their moms!!! **pause for appreciation** It was so sweet. I approve.

~*~*~*~

Here are some more pictures from the weekend!






















































































~*~*~*~

Annnnd I have homework to do...so that's it for tonight! Buenas noches!

-Courtney
(World Traveler in Training)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, my dear. =]

    I love reading your updates. It's so fun to get a little peek into your life over there. And I loved the story about the boys waiting for their moms. So cute!

    Love you and I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kimberly!! I love you so much and thanks for the prayers - you're in my thoughts and prayers too. And hey, thank you for taking the time to read my blog, it means a lot to me:)

    ReplyDelete